Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 25, 2009

Heartbeat and feelin' better!

Hi Everyone I’m not sure who is still reading this because I have been a horrible blogger. I am starting to feel better, and it is FAN-freakin’-tastic. I haven’t thrown up in a week. I am queasy before meals and at night. But nothing I can’t handle. In fact, right now, I am hungry! Which is weird.

Well besides the ins and outs of stef’s stomach, I’m happy to report that we confirmed a heartbeat (again!) at the doctor’s on Wednesday. She said that I am actually three days ahead of what I think I am. While she moved the fetal heart doppler across my belly, I asked what the baby was doing right now, and she said “He’s just hanging out”. That mental image just cracked me up. The nurse kept losing the heartbeat because I couldn’t stop giggling. The heartbeat was 140 bpm, and the nurse told me that I was having a boy because anything 140 or lower according to the old wive’s tale is a boy! Now I am can’t get that out of my head. It’s funny because when I saw the ultrasound at 8 weeks, it just screamed boy to me. Mother’s intuition maybe? :) The other day I could feel the top of my uterus pushing out past my pelvic bone. It is all becoming real. I am going to let myself stop worrying and just enjoy. Finally!

We’ve come a long way from a poppy seed! Hello baby plum.


3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm glad you're feeling better! That must be a huge relief.

    I do have to say that old wives tales are bunk. Luke's heart rate was >140 the entire pregnancy (around the 160s) and he's all boy. I'm really surprised and disappointed that a nurse would tell you such nonsense. I also had pretty much no heartburn and was told that meant he wouldn't have hair. Well, he had hair! Don't believe any of it. :)

    When we got one of our ultrasounds but before we found out the sex, I remember saying to Adam that it "looks like a boy's face." He thought I was nuts. In the end, I was right. But, you have a 50/50 shot at being right no matter what way you go. :) Do you want to find out the sex?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, don't worry! The nurse said we were having a boy in joking way. We are def. finding out the sex! Nov 19th is the day in fact! There will be enough surprises in the delivery room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for finding out the sex! We felt the same way about the surprises in the delivery room (and parenthood). I hope your little one cooperates when the time comes!

    ReplyDelete