Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Boy or Girl?

This is Josh: There’s been a lot of talk lately about whether we’ll have a boy or a girl. I take the classic stance that a healthy baby is the goal and the gender is secondary.

If I can be guaranteed a healthy baby, and am free to speculate about whether I want a boy or a girl, I still think either one would be cool.

If it’s a boy, then I sort of know what I’m getting because I’ve been there. I see boys in malls or at parks and I know what it felt like to just want to run and tumble and flail my limbs wildly. You’re a kid, and there’s energy to release. Especially at the mall, which is so boooorrring.

If it’s a girl, then that throws a little wild card in there. But more studies are showing that girls are smarter than boys and excel more easily through high school and college, so that’s a bonus. It seems like having a girl would be an amazing adventure.

One of the things I most look forward to is coaching little league baseball or softball, which is what my dad did for me and my brother. The biggest challenge here is not whether it’s a boy or girl, but making sure that our Baby Bot doesn’t want to play soccer. - Josh

4 comments:

  1. Baby Bot can play both Soccer and Baseball/Softball. They have diffrent "seasons". Look at Miranda is play both of those and basketball in the winter. BE prepared to coach sports you know nothing about, and don't even like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stef said...
    I think soccer uniforms are ridiculously cute! Josh,I don't know why you hate soccer so much but you are setting yourself up for a lifetime orginal movie. Where basically our kid is really awesome at soccer, and his/her dad is not supportive until the final championship game where he sees how great he/she is at it. Basically: the movie Bend it like Beckham with a touch of Sister Act 2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah i won't take a hard line on this. i'll use the subtle motivation technique. like, hey baseball's cool, let's play baseball, yeah yeah good idea....
    i never thought of fatherhood as a version of bend it like beckham and sister act 2 before.

    ReplyDelete