Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 4, 2010

Progress

This is Josh: I put together the crib. Now there’s an actual spot for the baby. Before we just had a snazzy outfit, but he had nowhere to sleep. Problem solved.

Sure, there’s a car seat to get, and I’m sure there’s about 50 things that we’ll need that I’ve never heard of before, but things are getting done. We cleaned our bedroom over the weekend, so now it looks like a respectable place to raise a baby rather than the one room that obtains all the junk we remove from the other rooms in the final hours before we have guests.

Another bonus - Stefanie learned a new meal last night and cooked it to perfection, so now we have one more trick up our sleeve when we’re at the grocery store and have no idea what we’re going to eat in the upcoming week.

At the same time we’re upping our level of adult-like accomplishments, Stefanie’s belly is getting big and beautiful. It’s pretty wild. I’m intrigued of what it’s like, but Stefanie assures me that the movie Junior was terrible, so it shows it wasn’t meant to be.

2010. As futuristic as it’s ever gotten up until now. 4/10/2010. Sounds like a cool date to open a blockbuster movie on. That’s the date that’s in our minds for now, because it’s the coolest one around the official due date. But a mother of two cautioned us over the weekend that if we’re due in April, it very likely could be March. A simple concept, one that we’ve heard before, but it took on a new meaning in the first week of January 2010 than it did way back in crusty old 2009. - Josh

3 comments:

  1. I definitely second the very insightful mom of two (whoever she may be). With Luke's due date of 8/19 I looked at the calendar and gauging the general 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after the due date as a possibility. I remember freaking out thinking that if he was 2 weeks overdue, he would be a September baby. And I was all "I don't want a September baby." It never in a MILLION years crossed my mind that I could have a July baby! In the end, I came within hours of having just that.

    My OB always called it a "due month" because you could go anywhere in that 4 week range. Your little one will come when he's good and ready and there's nothing you can do to change it. It was my first lesson in parenting. You gotta go with the flow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to know...what was the meal?!!? and did she use the crock pot?

    Also 4/20/2010 sounds cool too! Probably not for Stef...cause that means more preggo time. i have a week off march 13 to 20th...so if u need anything..let me know.

    as for all the futuristic talk..all I can say is...you and Stef are a MATCH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go with the flow, eh? I'll try. And the meal was chicken scallopini. we're having it again tonight!

    ReplyDelete