Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 3, 2010

How far along?

How far along? 39 weeks

Total weight gain: 35 pounds. Okay fine 37…I just chose to round down there.

Maternity clothes? I can no longer fit into my maternity pants, and 80 percent of my maternity shirts. Which doesn’t matter because they are long sleeved, stained and ratty. Special thanks to Mandy S for the dresses on loan!

Stretch marks? I got some a couple days ago. I discovered them using a hand held mirror cause they are under my belly. I’m okay with them since they are shiny and light. But you know what Bot? If you had came already I wouldn’t have gotten any.

Sleep: Sporadic. Benadryl is my new BFF

Best moment this week: Bot really likes the song Hey Joe by Jimi Hendrix. I put it on to show josh and as soon as it started bot kicked me really hard and shook my whole belly. The song is about a man killing his wife for messin’ round town. I have to ask Bot when he is older whether he thinks she deserved to be shot down or if he was upset at the misogynistic nature of the song.

Movement: I hate how he head butts my bladder while stretching his butt out really hard. There are rolls and ripples. Punches to my cervix. He mainly hangs out on the left hand side. The other side of my uterus must have the tv. Sometimes his hands are tickle me, like he is smoothing back his hair.

Food cravings: Cream of Wheat! Kani sushi (crab stick on rice) with lots of wasabi ginger and soy sauce.

Food aversions: just red sauce. And I can eat it, just don’t want to.

Gender: Boy. I just learned that most babies pee immediately when placed on your chest after birth.

Labor Signs: Two false labors. Both petered out in a couple hours. Both freaked us out on how utterly unprepared we are. But really have kicked us into gear. Bring it on!

Belly Button in or out? It pokes out, but I’m not calling it an outtie cause it is just the edges.

What I miss: Turning over in bed. Putting on pants without sitting. Walking at a decent speed without pain. Being able to sit, get up, or do anything without pain.

What I am looking forward to: Baby bot. I cannot wait to see his little face. CANNOT WAIT! Will he have hair? Will he have josh’s nose? Will he be chubby? I just want to see him blink. How cool would that be?

Weekly Wisdom: After 38 weeks, anything elastic around your waist is the devil’s work.

Milestones: Full term!

1 comment:

  1. I can answer the question of whether or not he will have hair. You were that hairiest baby I have ever seen. You had hair on your forehead and even hair on your butt!! So if he comes out looking like a little Eddie Munster, don't be alarmed. :-)

    ReplyDelete