Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 1, 2010

To Lily, Maya, Ella, and Luke:

This is Josh: You have provided the entirety of my experience with little kids. Lily has taught me that life does not end with kids – you can still see a drive-in movie and go on vacation. Maya showed me that life can continue past a baby’s bedtime. Ella has shown me, through several visits over her 3 years, that a few months in baby time mean a whole lot more than a few months in adult time. Luke showed me that moving your body the way you want it to move is an innately exciting activity.

My resume of experience with babies and toddlers is short, and I thank you for the little time we’ve had together. I remember being a teenager, when I had little use for adults. But you’ve reminded me that for the first years of life, adults are all you have, and we’re all the better for it. - Josh

1 comment:

  1. that was beautiful josh. FYI when ella and I say our prayers at night she always says "thank you for unca josh"

    ReplyDelete