Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 1, 2010

Another look at the goods

So we went in for our 3D/4D ultrasound on Saturday. We aren’t the type with a lot of disposable income, so I’d never consider this little luxury except for that damn 25 percent chance that bot was a girl according to the random doctor who did our anatomy scan. Also I would like to say this is partly our insurance's fault for only covering two ultrasounds in the first place.

Anyway, it was really weird getting on an examining table without someone first taking my weight and blood pressure… but it was actually a very nice environment. They even had a huge movie screen in which the ultrasound was projected. We got a 20 minute DVD of all his little motions and 20 pictures.

Bot was halfway cooperative, he showed us the nuts and bolts. And what a boy indeed! (that one was for you Lindsey :0)) Having said that he was in a breech position with the cord covering up his mouth, and finally getting that sorta out of the way he put his foot over half of his face. It’s not like he doesn’t look like a 3D claymation mud baby regardless of these obstructions… The best part was nice seeing him in motion. He kicked and swallowed stretched his neck.

The biggest relief was that yes, he did have face, all four limbs and apparently at least four toes from what I could see. Josh would like to point out that bot indeed has a set of genitals. He also likes to smoosh his face up against my placenta, which apparently is the womb’s pillow, in order to provide lame pictures.

Here is the "best" one!
His foot is on his left eye, but you have a good profile shot of his little eye, nose and lips.

5 comments:

  1. I want MORE!!! OHHHH i cant wait to hold him!! My little cute lil nephew!!!Heck...I'll even come and babysit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Tears* SOOOOO EXCITING!!! I cannot wait to meet him!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! Now what we need to see is an updated belly pic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom Baynes said

    Ahhhh!! Thanks to this new tech I am seeing the miracle in the making!! He is soooo cute..my little grandson. I can wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's WONDERFUL!

    -- Nell

    ReplyDelete