Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Halftime Update

This is Josh: The ultrasound showed boy, which is supercool, but the really good thing is that everything checked out fine. All the measurements and whatnot. So now we’re at the halfway point, everything has gone great, Stef’s belly keeps growing, and it’s awesome that I’m witnessing a once/twice/thrice in a lifetime event.

During all of this, there’s a feeling of time passing slowly, yet forcefully. It feels like a long time since Stef got pregnant (and I know that means nothing coming from me because she’s the one going through it all). But April is coming quick, we’re already at the holidays with the new year around the corner. I feel like we should do something to make the most of our last days before parenthood, but I don’t know what.

At the same time, there’s something about having our kid growing inside Stefanie’s body that makes the passing of time very cool, and I want time to continue moving. Each week brings a new adventure. Once time drums forward to April, the future of life will arrive.

(And then that future of life has 20 years before they’re outta here! Hey, maybe that’ll be his name: Future. I gotta run that one by Stef.) - Josh

2 comments:

  1. Thanks soo much for letting us be a part of your journey! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up!!! I LOVE reading the updates...and Stef mentioning the sedatives again CRACKS ME UP! But seriously Stef...if you find something safe to help u sleep..go for it. You have to rest up for the nights with the baby!
    -Janeen

    ReplyDelete