Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Nobody is going to believe this

Nobody is going to believe this.

That’s what I was thinking when it happened.

First let’s take care of old business before we move on to new business. The final cylon was revealed on Battlestar Galactic. Also an unprecedented occurrence happened: Two cylons did the horizontal mambo and totally made a baby! With the destruction of the resurrection ship (which had previously granted immortality to cylons), being able to reproduce the old fashioned way is a big deal for the future of the cylon race!!

Trust me, this useless fact will play into the new business soon. So for all of you who skimmed the last paragraph (mom), you might want to read it!

SO! On to new business! Me and Josh are watching our umpteenth episode of Battlestar on Saturday night. A real marathon that only other fraking nerds would appreciate (frak is the f-word in the future!). During the show, I feel some gas bubbles in my tummy. I figure even if it isn’t the baby, maybe josh should put his hand on my tummy to see if he can feel something too. Not three minutes later it happens!

The baby kicks for the first time, and josh felt the first kick for himself with me! Unbelievable!! It felt like a boop! It felt like a bop! Basically, it felt like a tiny foot kicked me. I had always expected that I would have to dim the lights, sit still and turn off all noise and really focus to feel something. But this was like Pow! -right in the kisser! The best part about it? There was no mistaking it! Finally!

I turned to josh and said “Did you feel that!?” And he said “yeah, it got me right here (points to area right below his ring finger)”. Of course I ruined the moment by making josh do a play by play of what exactly happened, the pressure of the kick and his initial reaction like 5 times. I had him poke me in the arm to demonstrate the strength of the baby. I also corrected him when he pointed to a different area of his hand that was kicked. On and on I went.

I have not felt a kick since. But I am starting to think these rolling movements are the baby. Like a tongue moving on the inside of your cheek. Granted I’m really gassy. So that’s still up in the air.

So, ready for crazy coincidence number 2? Remember that knocked up cylon? Well not 10 minutes later they have their own tender scene where daddy cylon feels the baby kick! Both cylons burst into tears of joy. I gave josh the side eye wondering what happened to the waterworks on our end(!!). Long story short, the cylon baby fetus and his tear jerking kicking scene upstaged us. Big time.

2 comments:

  1. WOOHOOO What a great description @ tongue moving along the inside of the cheek! Josh is lucky he felt it! Geoff couldnt feel a thing til 6 months. What a special moment for you guys....now about the cylon reference...woommp woommmp wooooommmmmmmpppppp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now. that's what I'm talking about!! Those are the joys of being pregnant... not the bloating, stretching etc. Wait until you can eat and really enjoy, I mean really ENJOY eating without any guilt! Josh better be prepare to make midnight runs to the stores. Believe or not you are parents right now. When the bot is hungry he will let you know it in not uncertain terms. When he is active at night when you want to sleep, rock him to sleep. When you eat something he doesn't like you will know it. Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy!!
    MOM

    ReplyDelete