Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Some of the highlights of the last week

Forewarning this blog post is all over the place:
I‘ve been getting kicked a bit more. But only on my left side. One night, we couldn’t sleep, I got like 5 kicks. Big booming ones.
Baby loves chocolate milk. I had a big jug of it, and I finally felt those low flutters I had been hearing about on Friday Nov27th. In fact, it kept me quite entertained, and I zoned completely out of the conversation I was in. Apologies to the Miller Family.
Baby had the hiccups I think on Nov 30th. It made me giggle.
OOOh update! I got kicked in my lower belly while typing. It makes me laugh, it’s like I heard a hilarious joke. It just warms my heart!
I googled what a 22 week old fetus looks like, because for some reason, when I think of baby bot, I just see him in ultrasound form.


A concern:
I have no idea what I’m going to name this baby. I had like ten girl names that I LOVED and could pull from. I got no short list with boys. Nada. And worse, when I think of one, josh always always says either, “nah”, or shrugs. I don’t want trendy, (Cayden, Hayden, Jayden) but I am also bored with traditional (Michael, Ethan, Christopher). Josh says we have plenty of time, but I want it to marinate for a while before the birth. I have a feeling it’s going to be something ridiculous or stupendous. So get ready for it. (PS, we are keeping the name a secret when we do pick it. I’ll take suggestions but you will have to wait until the day he is born for bragging rights on picking the name.

My small pet peeve:
People who say “Just you wait” I can’t even freakin’ yawn, without someone saying, “Think you’re tired now? Just you wait!” I excuse myself to the bathroom and I get “Oh you will be doing that a lot more, just you wait.” If some kid cries in the next room? Oh that’s a big “just you wait”
Can I please just enjoy the moment?
This is almost as bad as people who say “Enjoy (fill in the blank activity) now, cause that’s all OVER when the baby comes.” Buzzkill. Plus, I think after ten years of it just being me and Josh we can hardly complain that we didn’t have a blast just the two of us before becoming parents.

Besides those little things, truly, everyone has been really great. I do enjoy pretty much everything else about being pregnant. I don’t care if people touch my stomach or anything like that. In fact, I might be the only pregnant lady who loves it. I guess I am touchy feely. Or maybe because I secretly longed to touch pregnant bellies while trying to make this baby.

Top five things I love about being pregnant right now:
1. I don’t have to suck in my gut. I just let it all. hang. out.
2. Laughing fits. It doesn’t take much to set me off. The most recent incident was a college kid having trouble scanning his hotdog buns at the self checkout machine. He was so hilariously disoriented and confused when his checkout light started blinking, the computer voice started yelling at him and like two employees rushed at him like he was trying to stuff hotdog buns down his pants. I had tears in my eyes.
3. Watching my belly grow. Strangers are making comments now!
4. Josh utterly spoiling me rotten.
5. The anticipation, surprise, and wonder of little bot doing his calisthenics.

Biggest adjustments
1. Not dieting. I have to remember it is okay to have juice, or a second helping. I try hard to get all my calories in, but cutting them is a hard habit to break. Josh is constantly reminding me to EAT. I will just have to watch helplessly as my ass expands.
2. Trapped gas and round ligament pain. I thought I was headed to the ER, but I just needed to toot. And how cute that josh clapped his hands for me when it did.
3. I can’t sit on my butt for more than an hour without it hurting. Movies suck and so do roadtrips, youch.
4. The awful guilt I feel when I eat junk food.
None of this compares to the horror of my nausea and vomiting first trimester. So when people ask me how I am feeling, I smile big and honestly say “I feel GREAT!”

2 comments:

  1. I have another "just you wait" but I promise it's not a bad one. The comments only get worse and more frequent! Trust me. If I had to hear someone tell me one more time that it's hot in D.C. in August I think I was going to strangle them.

    Here's how the conversation went with just about every random person. Them: "When are you due?" Me: "August 19th." Them: "Oooh, it's going to be hot." Me: "Yeah, you think?" OK, the last part is what I wished I had said. lol I guess Luke heard all those dire warnings about it being hot in August and decided to come before the month hit!

    I also found all those comments about sleep deprivation once the baby arrives and not being able to do anything, etc., annoying. But now that I'm on the flip side I totally get it. Funny how it works like that. I just have to bite my tongue and not do it myself. But I'll tell ya, it's hard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! No "Ethan"?? I really like that name so if you don't use it, I will! Well, actually I can't. Brian says that names like "Ethan" and "Luke" are reserved only for movie stars...So since you're not having a girl, if I have a girl before you, can I please have "Lily" :)

    ReplyDelete