Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Merry Christmas (24 weeks!)

Merry Christmas! Here I am with our tree at 24 weeks! So many things have happened.
#1 After two years of pining, researching and saving we got our dream tv! In fact, we took so long that new technology came out (LEDs, oh boy). But prices also lowered (yay!). We couldn’t decide between a 42 inch and a 46 inch so we made newspaper mock ups and hemmed and hawed some more. Here’s josh modeling our newspaper tv as I check out the view(s) from the couch.

Josh with our mock-up
We love LOVE going to the movies. It’s really our thing. Josh is the best movie buddy ever. One year we went 20 times! Still... basically that left no fun money for anything else. So a lot of what we own is second hand, furniture, decor, clothes… which is completely worth it to support our movie habit. I suppose seeing a movie on DVD once the baby comes is like going second hand so I guess I’ll get used to it (sob!). I’m going to assume our movie money will just go to diapers now anyway.

Well, with baby bot our traditional dinner and movie date nights are going to take a serious hit. So we got a 42 inch, 120 Hz, LCD 1080p LG with Netflix streaming video. I could kiss it. I actually did kiss it, and I hugged it. It is possible that bot kicked it (I was pressed against it for a while)

#2, (this one is baby related news)
We got the crib! It was in stock, had great reviews in Baby Bargains and we were able to knock 130 dollars off the price between the Christmas sales and a "50 dollar off a 250 dollar purchase or more" coupon. I didn’t even care at that point that they didn’t make a matching dresser that could double as a changing table. If bot’s parents can have second hand mix matched dressers so can he! We ended up going with a traditional crib. The latest trend is to get a crib that is made up of the headboard and footboard of a full size bed. So the top part is higher (the headboard). We were leaning towards this crib at first:
NOT THE CRIB
Well, Josh didn’t want his 5 year old in a full size bed, and I didn’t want a constant reminder of the conversion rails (to make it into a full size bed)we wouldn’t buy (for some reason all I could see was the headboard). So, we went with a one that just converts to a toddler bed. I also like that the two solid side panels helped eliminate that “cagey” feeling with all the rails.. I love it!!! I searched the web for people who have my crib in a decorated nursery so you could get the idea.

I like this first pic because it also has a dresser that doesn’t match and I like it too!


THE CRIB!!!



Okay, so I made the crib shopping seem pretty easy, but in reality…
I spent two weeks researching cribs and then 7 hours shopping for a crib (literally from 1pm to 8pm). We went to Buy Buy Baby then Babies R Us then Buy Buy Baby again (keep in mind these stores are 20 minutes away from each other), then home to do some internet research to see finished nurseries with my crib (well, josh took a nap). In those seven hours I was calling my sister (2 phone calls total) and my mom (5 phone calls total) to look up the cribs online we were deciding between. I proceeded to drive them and josh absolutely f*cking nutz before driving back out to Babies R Us to make the purchase. I had like ten panic attacks just taking it to the register. I mean this was the start of THE nursery! If I didn’t get this key piece right, I was screwed. It was redunk. But in the end, I’m so glad we picked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment