Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 21, 2009

Sad and stressed. Poor bot!

Sorry I haven’t posted in a while. This has been a horrendous week. Very stressful and very sad. The Friday before last, Nemo became very sick. We made the decision to put him down rather than have him suffer again when his illness flared up. It was very sudden. Leela has been meowing her sad meow and running from room to room. I’ve keep thinking I see him in the corner of my eye. I’m getting better. I know the reason it hurts so much is because Nemo is getting comfortable in his new home, which is in my heart. We are still going to hang up his stocking this year.

Nemo 2003-2009
Last Monday Charlie got out and was gone for 5 hours. I thought he was stolen/dead/lost forever. Feeling that way for hours put such a strain on me, I literally forgot a coworker’s name when I got back to work. I have never cried so much and so hard between Nemo and Charlie.

It all came to a head on Thursday 12/17 at 23.5 days pregnant I began having contractions. When it is not true labor they call them Braxton Hicks. If you get more than 5/6 an hour you are supposed to go to the hospital, because it starts to get dodgey on rather or not it is faux labor. Well I definitely exceeded that. On top of it I was dizzy, vomited and felt extreme fatigue. I had been eating and drinking well, so that wasn’t it. So, I called my midwife, and she told me to check myself into the labor and delivery ward. There I was hooked up to monitors to track the contractions for about 90 minutes. It turns out that I am having mild contractions but my cervix is a mile long still (their words not mine) so luckily the contractions are NOT telling my body to start having a baby. They are uncomfortable and scary. I’m trying to relax. Usually walking upstairs or picking something up sets one off. The doctor told me that if they start getting more frequent come back for another cervix check (lovely). If it starts to shorten, I fear being put on bedrest this early.
Side note: Josh sitting beside me while the nurse shoved her fingers up my vag to check my cervix made him firmly decide that his place will be at my head while giving birth. Not to mention I got reacquainted with the dildo cam.

Extra sidenote: Bot was kicking so much! We could hear him on the monitors even when I couldn’t feel him. Everyone who came in agreed that he was a very active baby and was going to be trouble when he was born.

2 comments:

  1. well praise God little (insert name here)is thriving in mommy! Conintued prayers on that! Im sorry about your loss, but happy you got Charlie back!
    Josh..write a blog...and do you really not want to see your little guy beign born. I didnt see Ella and regret it. I have to hear about how it looked second hand from Logan and Geoff. Stef..ask for a mirror

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about Nemo! That sounds like a rough week but I'm glad you got through it. So happy that everything is going well with the pregnacy! My friend Natalie delivered on Dec. 2! It was so cool to hold a newborn again. Can't wait to hold your little boy bot!

    ReplyDelete