Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Nursery Ideas

I’m feeling in a nursery mood! Keep in mind that I am not looking at prices or reviews or the like. Just exploring the world of baby stuff, and I am getting pretty psyched about decorating this here nursery.

First of all I must have a tree on the wall. I’m thinking I will get a tree decal, paint over it and have it be a white silhouette. But I am not sure how crafty I will get! We will have to paint the whole thing white again when we move, but that’s fine. Here are my inspirations:







I’m also feeling a gray blue wall. I would love to have green, but we all remember the disaster of finding a “sage” green for the living room. 6 paint samples later and they all look like either toothpaste or grass or puke. I finally went with “Almond Paste” also known as off-white. I don’t think you can mess up gray/blue.

So then I thought: what about a forest theme.? Please note, that is NOT jungle, NOR farm/zoo animals. These are forest animals that have no discernable sounds. Cows moo, lions roar, monkey’s chitter. But what about a deer? A raccoon or a squirrel? I feel like the room is peaceful already. And the nature vibe totally won josh over. Ideally I would get a transportation theme. But Josh thinks that gasoline is the drink of the devil and cars are Hitlermobiles or something.

Last night I stumbled across a couple of beddings that I like:


2 comments:

  1. Stef,

    I really like the tree theme. It makes a statement but yet it is simple. I do like the blue/gray color them. However the gray maybe too drab. Babies need and respond to bright or bold stimuli. I like the dark wood baby furniture in constrast with the blue. You know that they sell wall decals that are removable and they are very reasonable. I am excited about decorating the nursery. If you need some advice on colors and such ask the expert ... me! LOL

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm Stef ask your sister. i did great with Ellas nursery didnt i? Anyhoo, love the ideas. What about a Japanese style tree? I think that would be pretty. i like the second bedding! Very nice. Why dont you find ur bedding, then pick a blue from there?

    ReplyDelete